- Name of the Society
The Name of the Society is the Langara Students' Union Association, and hereafter in this Constitution and these Bylaws shall be referred to as the Union.
- Purpose of the Union
The Purposes of the Union are:
- to organize students on a democratic, co-operative basis for advancing student's interests and advancing the interests of the student's community.
- to provide a common framework within which students can communicate, exchange information, and share experience, skills, and ideas;
- to bring students together to discuss and co-operatively achieve necessary educational, administrative, and legislative change wherever decision- making affects students;
- to facilitate co-operation among students in organizing services which supplement the learning experience, provide for human needs, which develop a sense of community with our peers and with other members of the society;
- to articulate the desire of students to fulfill the duties and be accorded the rights of citizens in British Columbia, in Canada, and in the international community;
- to achieve the goal of a system of post-secondary education which is accessible to all, which is of high quality, and which is rationally planned; which recognizes the legitimacy of student representation and the validity of students rights; and whose role in society is clearly recognized and appreciated.
- Dissolution of the Union
Upon the winding up or dissolution of the Union, any assets remaining after the satisfaction of its debts and liabilities shall be given or transferred to such Canadian students organizations promoting objectives similar to those set out in Paragraph 2 herein, as may be decided by the members of the Union at the time of winding up or dissolution. This clause is unalterable.